airisDATA Inc., is a startup system integration company focused primarily on Hadoop data engineering and machine learning services. We take pride in our team of passionate data engineers, machine learning specialists, and data administrators who build, run, and deploy data solutions on large scale Hadoop clusters.
Position: Senior Data Engineer
Terms: Full Time Permanent
Location: Princeton, NJ; New York, NY.
Work Status: Authorized to work in the U.S without Sponsorship
Do you love large scale data technologies that shape the next generation of data driven business?
Are you an individual with an entrepreneurial spirit, a can do attitude, engineer at heart, and enjoys the adrenaline rush in solving a business challenge? If yes, we would love to chat with you about your passion, vision, and experience.
What could you expect?
- A dynamic role with a diverse set of customers, various industry domains, and challenging solutions
- Flat organizational structure with significant opportunity for advancement and leadership
- Open culture where commitment, respect, and open communication are essential
- Perfect balance of creativity, innovation, analytical thinking, and rolled-up sleeves
- Responsible for solution architecture, build production grade solutions, and provide actionable insights to clients
- Build creative sales demos, prototypes, proof of concepts, executive training sessions,
- Knowledge to measure performance of data solutions, diagnose bottlenecks, and tools to monitor and tune performance.
- Recommend flexible, scalable, and resilient data platforms to meet evolving client data product requirements.
Our ideal candidate has a background in distributed applications, data warehousing, and databases. The candidate is highly proficient in hadoop ecosystem, and Apache Spark big data stack. The candidate has strong programming skills in Scala, Java, Python, SQL and has an expertise in statistical algorithms for data analysis.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Mathematics or a related field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of strong programming expertise in Java, Python, SQL (Scala a plus)
- 2+ years of experience in handling large datasets working with Hadoop and related tools
- Passionate, self-motivated and willingness to learn
Nice to Have
- Knowledge of big data architectures and technologies (Spark preferred)
- Expertise in leading cloud technologies like Amazon Web Services
- Certified in Hadoop (Cloudera or Hortonworks) and Apache Spark
- Experience in any NoSQL databases including HBase/Accumulo/Cassandra
- Domain expertise in a couple – Telecommunication, Digital Media, Digital Advertising, Finance, Retail
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Medical insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Mac equipment